You are amazing, talented and smart. Right now you are excited about your future and you are making plans for your life, at least the way you hope it would be. Allow me to share some thoughts with you.
1) Your life will not happen exactly as you planned – Don’t panic girl, you will be ok. See #2. You will actually discover that that “unplanned” direction will take you exactly where you should be. Enjoy the journey and learn from every experience.
2) Trust God for EVERYTHING! – Girl, when I say everything, I mean everything! Trust that God’s plan for your life is the best plan. By not giving you some of those things you thought you wanted, he is actually protecting you from yourself
3) Embrace new experiences – I know you love to do things that are within your comfort zone, but make an effort to step out and experience new things. Once you step out of that comfort zone, you will start to soar. It will be scary at first, but it’s a necessary part of your growth.
4) Don’t be afraid of success – You will have the opportunity to do and experience things that you never thought you would be doing. Don’t allow thoughts of “I don’t know how” or “I’m scared” to stop you from moving forward. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
5) Continue to be yourself – Don’t ever change who you are. You are not weird, odd or strange for not wanting to do what everyone else is doing. As you get older, you will realize that staying true to you is the best thing you could have done.
6) Stop worrying so much – See #2
Keep these tips in mind and you will be just fine. Enjoy each year as it comes.
YOUR TURN: What advice would you give to your younger self?