As the temperatures continue to fall, our natural hair will tend to get drier. One of the ways of combatting this dryness is through steaming. In this post I will be sharing 5 benefits of steaming your natural hair.
1) Moisture. Moisture. Moisture – Steaming is a great way to infuse moisture into dry thirsty strands. The use of warm steam helps to open up the hair shaft to allow moisture to get in.
2) Refresh with the Redo – There are various types and sizes on the market, but one of my favorites is the Q Redew. I love it because it is small and portable and it is quick and easy way to refresh my hair with having to go through my entire wash day regimen
3) Increases circulation to the scalp – Warm steam helps to increase the blood flow and circulation to the scalp. Increased blood flow is also tied to hair growth. Now I’m not saying that steaming will make your hair grow, but it is definitely great for overall health of your scalp.
4) Increases Manageability & Reduces Breakage – When your hair is moisturized it definitely feels more manageable. Increased manageability means less breakage and more length retention.
5) Boosts Deep Conditioning – By now you know that I’m an advocate for Deep conditioning. It is one of the best ways to keep your hair healthy and in great shape. Deep conditioning with steam is an awesome way to boost your deep conditioning treatments (especially if you have low porosity hair) as it allows for better absorption of the product.